1. Artists are often misunderstood, even if you're famous. They were the only one who knew the real meaning of their work yet people kept constantly misinterpret it.
2. Their works are often prejudiced by tastes of the world.
3. Sometimes not all artists are free to pursuit their own style because they get discouraged by critiques.
4. Their choices are often controlled by the society. That also means something when the consumers demand their favorite artists to follow what they want, now what the artist wants.
5. Artist gained the cheapest living cost from being unemployed or commissioned, unless you're a super-famous artists.
6. Most of them were far more creative and think outside the box in some situations.
7. They can accept critiques, no matter how terrible it is. Even if the other hate their art, they still have determination to continue.
8. Artists can broaden their horizons through any medium.
9. The have an incredible patience and hard work in their artworks to satisfy what they want.
10. Any incredible artist can come out of anyone.
So instead of moaning about how horrible an artwork is, or how unfair it is for someone to lose in a contest, you should look at the two different approach of a career! That's what being an artist is all about!
Unrelated: Swimming anime is officially an anime, called "Free!". I'm full of feels now, so let me just dfkjgdjkfgjkdfhgkjhdfgkh.